Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Silk Road VII: Beginning

Ahem.  Excuse my dust.  There have been many developments, a fair number of them in RL, so I have not been around much.  I have, however, been around long enough to do the Silk Road VII Hunt, and even to reach the end and start unpacking, and so here I am, unpacking loot and displaying the contents.
 Starting as ever with the Hunt bracelet from 001, Mieville's Imperial Palace, seen here gracing my wrist while my wrist disgraces it.

Stop 2 is Lantian/Flox, and they provide this very nifty Xanadu Fortune Telling Mirror which says something mystic whenever you click on it.  It doesn't actually reflect you or anything, but that's down to SL, not the makers.

Stop 3 is Mountain Rose Village, and they have - as seems to be usual! - put on a fair-sized mini-hunt, in which (in keeping with the Xanadu theme of this hunt) they provide us with a royal palace and a bunch of furnishings and decorations to put in it.  Starting with this Koi Carp Pond.

They give you ways to dress appropriately, too, and here I am as a Mongolian Warrior.  (Standing next to me, Tali as her own furry and wonderful self.)

Palace coup!  Here I am on the Khan's Throne, with various other items of court furniture scattered about.

This is a little Glass Rose Perfume Bottle for decoration.  There's also a variant that you can wear round your neck as a pendant.

 Here I am as a Yiji or Mongolian Pleasure Slave.  They seem to be more warmly dressed than most pleasure slaves you see in SL.  I don't know how those Goreans don't catch their death of colds, I really don't.  Ahem.  I digress.

Mongolian Banners.  Suitable for advancing under, putting all to the sword, hearing the lamentations of their womenfolk, etc. etc.

This is described as a Long Horn, and they ain't kidding.  It makes a pleasing low toot when you play it.

Mongolian Empress outfit.  The Emperor is a bit more butch, naturally enough.

 The Khan's bedroom furniture.  There are supposed to be animations for performing bedroom antics, but SL wasn't playing nice when I unpacked this one, so I didn't get to check them out.

Xanadu flying vessel.  Most of this stuff has been pretty much historical, to date, but this one is, as it were, a flight of fantasy.  Ho ho.  I'm here all week folks.

 The Great Khan's Palace.  Three storeys.  Throne room at the bottom, bedroom on top, and in the middle....

... a dining room.  With all the appurtenances for some Mongolian banqueting.  (Well, some of them.  I went to a Mongolian barbecue once, they have this enormous hotplate thing, about eight feet across, where they just cook everything at once.  It was quite nifty, actually.)

Anyway.  That is it from Mountain Rose, and enough there to keep any reasonable person busy!
 Who said I was a reasonable person?  This is Xanadu, or possibly Xanadu??? itself, from number 4, Designs by Sebastian.  It's one of those where it just says something anonymous on the box and it's not until you open it that you hit yourself over the head with a building.  Perfectly nice building.  There are plants and things inside, as well as a surprised Glorf and Tali.

Stop 5, Timeless Textures... well, that looks like a texture pack to me.  And they're probably pretty timeless, too.

Stop 6, Lindy Modern & Retro Shoes, and these pretty neat "Aliaa Violet" slippers.  There's an "Ali Ruby" pair for the gents.

"Ancient in Ruins" scenic prop from stop 7, Fairey Angel Creations.  Or "Ozymandias in a slightly better mood" as I described it to Tali.  Neat, well-made thing.

 Various outfits from Thistle Moon designs at stop 8.  I'm wearing the Tibetan Zen Kimono.  It's really quite modest.

 So is this "La Route de la Soie" kimono from stop 9, Miss Darcy.  Modest kimonos, warm pleasure slave outfits... am I to be denied any opportunity to look like a cheap slut on this Hunt?

 That's a bit more like it.  Show some leg, Glorf! - Actually, this Sylvanah Rose fairy outfit from Feyline Fashions (stop 10) is pretty nice, really.  Flapping wings and all.  You can see the male Sylvan equivalent on the pack shot.

Representative selection of decorative "Regency Buckingham" vases and display columns provided by stop 11, Jacon Cortes.  Classy mesh design here.

 "Silk Road Necklace" from stop 12, !Never Ever!.  Sometime I must get round to taking that amusing tattoo off.  It distracts from necklaces, does that.

"Oriental Basics" Turkish outfits from stop 13, Peterman Ltd.  I'm breaking with custom and not modelling the female version, here, as when I tried it on, the server - to use a technical term - crapped itself sideways and left me with a persistent bake fail that turned my upper torso to concrete.  I had to clear my cache and run Character Test to turn myself into a noob before it cleared up.  I'm sure it's nothing to do with the outfit, which is a perfectly nice piece of old-school system-layer-and-flexi-prim work.  Just SL being the peculiar thing SL sometimes is.


It let me wear this  Chabi Court Dress from number 14, Sparrow by Design, without any trouble.  Nice mesh thing.  No accompanying alpha layer, though, so I had to dig one out of my inventory, and if my hands weren't behind my back you could see that my wrists have disappeared.  Never mind!

Here's a bit of fun from number 15, Buccaneer's Restorations.  A Mongolian Envoy Role-Play pack.  If you are RPing an official in Yuan Dynasty China, obviously you want paperwork and paper money, and those various bits and pieces include an official safe-conduct pass, piles of paper cash, and a little printing-plaque thing that lets you run off some more.  And some nice pictures of Mongolian scenes, because Buccaneer's Restorations do that sort of thing.  They're good.  I wish I could remember how to spell Buccaneer, though.  I get to the point where every way I spell it, it looks wrong.

First screen of the Hunt!  This is a  Shoji Screen from stop 16, Shame, which is a shop that's new to me.  It was also the first place where I bought something else along the way.  For reasons which are not currently apparent, I'm in the market for short skirts and short pants, and they had some rather nice mesh capris, so I bought a pair.

 Stop 17, an old favourite, Hermione's Heavenly Sweet Boutique, and this Belly Dancer Bear with adorable yashmak.

 Stop 18 is Spyralle, of which I have raved before.  The gift is this Pavilion Lantern For Xanadu, and it would look pretty good in Xanadu, I do believe.  Or here.  I treated myself to a new necklace at Spyralle, too.  I like Spyralle.

Stop 19 had to pull out.  The only no-show of the Hunt, I believe.  So, on to Black Magnolia Imports at 20, and a boring picture of a texture pack.  The pack itself is "Temple Garden Stones", and includes specular and normal maps so you can have more realistic looking stones in your Temple Garden.  So it's not nearly as boring as that picture would suggest.  Sorry about that, Black Magnolia!  Love your stuff really.

That seems as good a place as any to pause for breath.  I will return with the rest of it, ideally before the end of the month so people can go and get this stuff if they like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment