Sunday, January 22, 2012

Fleshing this thing out; an Arduous Process

I am determined to justify this thing's existence by adding some comment or other on a daily basis.  We'll see how long that particular resolution lasts.  (Even money I slip up by the end of the month.)

Anyway.  The quickest and easiest way to do this, it seemed to me, was to add some links to other blogs, mostly those of friends of mine.  (In the sense of "personal friends", or just "people on my Friends list"?  It would be the height of tactlessness to say which is which... it's probably pretty tactless to concede that there's a distinction!  Still, my SL f-list is notoriously jam-packed, and has less than 100% correlation with my actual friends in SL.  More on this subject, perhaps, if I'm gravelled for matter later on in the week.  Am I still in these brackets?)

Of course, "quick" and "easy" are relative terms, and I am new to this whole blogging thing, so using the interface to add blog links is, in itself, a challenge.  However.  I've got the first three links to people (a) that I thought of immediately, and (b) that are on Blogger.  Does this thing link with equal facility to blogs on other platforms?  I have no hesitation in answering: I don't know, and at this stage I don't much care.  After fiddling with unfamiliar software of any kind for more than a quarter of an hour, I start to feel an irresistible impulse to give the whole thing a rest and go grab a glass of gin.  Three links made; third post up; duty done!  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment